How Groups Behave
- An icon, image, or text box can be part of only one group.
- You can nest groups, one inside another.
- The size of a group cannot be managed manually. Is adjusts automatically to fit around its contents.
- Groups have a semi-transparent background, a solid border, and an editable title.
- Groups cannot exist without having some contents. Deleting the last item in a Group will cause the Group to also be deleted.
When To Use Groups
Groups are useful when you want to visually mark one or more items with a semi-transparent background and a title or make it easy to keep a set of items together.
How To Use Groups
- Create a Group by selecting the items to be part of the Group, then right-click on one of the selected items, and select Group from the options in the context menu.
- Remove something from a Group be selecting one or more items that are currently in Groups, then right-click on one of the selected items and select Ungroup from the options in the context menu.
- Move a Group and its contents by clicking and dragging the Group.
- Deleting a Group will delete both the Group and its contents
- Ungrouping a Group will delete only the Group